Saturday, September 6, 2008

A new day stands on my doorstep ready to enter my life's journey.
Something in me welcomes this visitor: the hope of bountiful blessings, the joy of a new beginning, the freshness of unclaimed surprises.
Yet, something in me rebuffs this visitor: the swiftness of it's coming, the boldness of it's entrance, the challenge of yesterday's goodbye.
Something else in me fears this visitor: the unnamed events yet to unfold, the wisdom needed to walk the Path of Love well, the demands of giving away and growing.
A new day stands on my doorstep, so with fragile caution, I move to open the door for its entrance.
Then my heart leaps with surprise, and joy jumps to my eyes, for there, in the door of this brand-new day stands God with outstretched hand!
He smiles and gently asks of me, "Can we walk this day together?"
And I, so overwhelmed with Love, can barely whisper my reply:
Welcome In!
~Author Unknown~
~art by Kelly Vivanco

No comments: